Recent Artistic Activities
- January 2009 - President Barack Obama Inaugural Festivities, Soloist
- February 2009 - Washington D.C. National Cathedral Performance, Soloist
- April 2009 - HOLLYWOOD BOWL INTERNATIONAL EASTER CONCERT, Performance Soloist
- September 2008 - Conference of the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Inc. (CBCF), Washington D.C.
Ms. Jackson received not only STANDING OVATIONS as soloist at the Annual Prayer Breakfast
but also at the WOMEN OF DISTINCTION EVENT honoring California's and America's First African-
American House Speaker Karen Bass, Natalie Cole, Dr. Iris Stevenson & the Late Pat Tobin.
Congresswoman Diane Watson was Special Honoree!!
- September 2008 - COMMEMORATION CONCERT of September 11
- September 2008 - Honored as ambassador of peace in the global community of the UNIVERSAL PEACE FEDERATION
- August 2008 - Democratic National Convention in Denver, Colorado (Soloist)
- March 2008 - HOLLYWOOD BOWL EASTER SUNRISE CONCERT, Los Angeles, California
- March 2008 - CULTURAL DIVERSITY CELEBRATION, Los Angeles, California
- February 2008 - African-American History Month Appearances Throughout USA: i.e. Marian Anderson Historical Society
- November 2007 - Thanksgiving International Celebration of Partner Cities: Berlin, Germany - Mexico City, Mexico - Los Angeles, California.
Represented by German Embassy General Consulate, Mayor of Los Angeles & Bishop Charles E. Blake
- Future Performances/Collaborations European - USA:
BLASSIK - Promotional Tour - BLASSIK / New Music Art Form Created by
Brenda Jackson (More details on Future BLASSIK Website)
Various Other Professional Highlights
- 2007 - US-Mexico Sister Cities International Conference: Title of Honorary President of the Rio Grande bestowed
- 2007 November - Thanksgiving International 'Berlin-Los Angeles-Mexico City' - A Celebration of Cities
- 2007/06 September 11 - Remembered Concert in Philadelphia, Pa. on Visitation Plaza across from USA LIBERTY BELL (Solist & Coordinator)
- 2006 - USA NATIONAL CAPITOL 50th Anniversary of Sister Cities International in Washington D.C. Honorary Chariperson, President George Bush. Awardees were: President Bill Clinton, Ambassador Andrew Young & others.
Organization was founded by President Eisenhower. (Solist & Youth Music Coordinator)
- Jan - Feb 2006 - Various Cultural Appearances,
i.e. African-American History Month - in Philadelphia, Louisiana, Los Angeles,
California, i.e. (West Angeles Church of God in Christ, Cultural Super Sunday -
Bishop Charles Blake, Pastor -- Prominent Members of Congregation -- Denzel Washington,
Magic Johnson, Angela Bassett, Samuel Jackson, etc.
- ROSA PARKS CELEBRATION OF LIFE HOMEGOING (Opening Soloist, s. CNN National Telecast DVD)
- Soprano Solo at the Funeral Celebration of the Life of Rosa Parks, Mother of American Civil
Rights Movement. Rosa Parks Funeral with National Television Coverage, in attendance was
United States Presidents, Members of Houses of Congress, National and International Dignitaries
- Appearance at the World Festival of Music, Los Angeles, California.
- World Festival of Sacred Music (Finale Soloist), Los Angeles, California.
- Soloist at the Million More March - Washington, D.C.
- Special Appearance - Atlanta, Georgia - guests attending Former Ambassador Andrew Young, Mayor
Shirley Franklin, poet Laureate Maya Angelou, Minister Louis Farrakhan, Della Reese.
- CNN - Trumpet Awards 2005.
- NAACP - Image Awards - Special Honoree Oprah Winfrey.
- European Performances, i.e. Meistersingerhalle Concert - Nuremberg, Germany, Vienna Austria, Orangerie Schloss.
- Performances 2005 Congressional Black Caucus, i.e. Opening Prayer Visual - Honoring Victims from Hurricane Katrina.
- Fundraiser Soiree at Historical Home of Frederick Douglas hosted by Congresswoman, the Former Ambassador Diane Watson.
- Hollywood Benefit Concert for Katrina Victims.
- Louisiana Women's Forum in attendance Governor of Louisiana.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Association of Philadelphia:
- Music, Cultural and Fine Arts Artist-in-Residence 2005;
- Special Summer Project;
- College for Teens with circa 300 Inner-City Youth at Cheyney University (Historical African American Oldest Institution
of Advanced Education - founded 1839);
- See Culminating DVD & CD of Performances Created and Produced by Brenda Jackson with College for Teens Students.
International Venues 2004 - 2005
* Music Attaché of Good Will
* International Solist for:
Dr. Robert H. Schuller, pastor of the Crystal Cathedral Ministries
in Los Angeles, California.
Humanitarian and Activities for Christian Initiative
To encourage Goodwill bridging the hearts
of mankind through music.
Chairperson for "Gift of Hope" from Billy Graham
Association International. To support the initiative for project "Operation Christmas Child"
Brenda Jackson will be guest solo in benefit concerts.
Read an interview of Brenda Jackson
regarding this project (German language).
- An Instrument of Praise to God
In Nomine Domine Nostri Jesu Christi
In the Name of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Where one's heart is there is their treasure!
With her Gospel to Classical Touch sacred music is excellently and colorfully
interpreted and moderated by Brenda Jackson.
Have a break in your daily work
and lay down your burdens. A refreshing musical experience!!
With her artistic, god-given talents, she exudes not only personal warmth,...
she allows hope to enter into darkness, breaks harnesses and enlivens! She awakens gratitude, spontaneity and stimulus, bringing human elements
together with God in the forefront. In other words, she is an absolute "PLUS" for spirit,
soul, artistry and culture - a well integrated balance. She is poetry and music in one.
Already - her appearance alone springs over all dimensions, values and fantasies.
Through her expressive Soprano, her liturgical interpretations and stage presence...
the energetic Brenda Jackson powerfully effects her audience with an elemental
heart-warming force leaving one with respect and fascination - in astonishment
of the powerful warmth and joy of life. She is simply a precious jewel - not
imitating - rather a natural aura.
At the moment Miss Jackson is preparing her new concert series
"The Spirit of Music".
Please recognize that we are not able to list
the complete schedule of Miss Jackson.
Information regarding her accessiblity and other performance activities, please contact her Secretariat Dr. Schönherr by